Tinsel the Tibetan Terrier

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Howdy from Tinsel


Hi there! I'm Tinsel, a two and a half years old Tibetan Terrier. I am also known as Tinsel the Tibetan TERROR or Dogi Tin, the doggie yoga master. I'll tell you all about those later, but first lemme tell you a little bit more about myself:

Well, I have been living in Vancouver, B.C., with my forever mom and dad for about 16 months now, but I was originally a country girl where I got acres and acres of private land to run around in. City living is really a bit too much for me so mom decides that maybe it will help if I have some virtual space of my own, at least to vent out some of my issues, you know.

So what caused a cute, sexy and energetic babe like me to drift around so much at such a young age? Hmmm... good question. Call of fate, I guess. See, my parents were both show champions living with my Granny and I had thought I would stay with them forever too. I had a great time during the early days of my childhood but it was short-lived. When I turned 2 months old, a lady came and took me away to live with her and her two humongous 80 pound dogs. Yes, I am talking 80 pounds a piece, and all I got was a mere few pounds myself! Imagine how scary and tough life was then... I had to defend myself and constantly fought for food and toys. Very soon I learned that in order to get anything (or keep anything) I have to be very bold and show my teeth or nip when needed. I did that a couple of times when I was taken out to "work" at the show rings and my lady boss didn't like that very much, so I was eventually left at home when the others went out to "work" with her. I was lonely, sad and bored so I started chewing things and licking my feet, which really got to the boss, so finally one day she said she had enough of me and took me back to Granny's.

I had thought I would stay with Granny from then on, but shortly after, my forever Mom and Dad came and took me home. Honestly, I wasn't so sure of that at first because I really didn't care much for Dad. As a matter of fact, I didn't like two-legged males very much because I thought they're dangerous. They'll snatch your food and toys from you and will even beat you up if they had the chance. But Mom was alright, and she gave me lots of hugs and kisses which scared me a bit at first. Well, you see, I was never kissed by a human before so I had no idea what that loud "smack" was, and I thought she was going to nip me. Silly me! Anyways, that marked the beginning of my life in the city and with Mom and Dad here in Vancouver.
More later....

3 Comments:

  • Ah ha this is probably the cutest picture of Tinsel....

    By Blogger Noosiekins, at 1:01 PM  

  • hey van, you can't imagine how happy i am to read your comments - i have been checking and checking but no one bothered (or knew how to) leave a comment. And it feels LONELY.... :) Ann

    By Blogger Tinsel, at 4:41 PM  

  • Dear friends, Tinsel left us to join his little brother at the Rainbow bridge on Dec 12, 2019, just two weeks short of turning 16. She left peacefully at home, shortly after we discovered that she had Hemangiosarcoma hidden inside her abdomen. She was an angel in disguise and we loved her to the moon and back. It hurts to say goodbye but we know she is free now and in a happy place. We will meet again our little Princess.

    By Blogger Tinsel the Tibetan Terrier, at 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home