Tinsel the Tibetan Terrier

Friday, June 02, 2006

What a Blissful day



Midget Sheep?
Nah! It's just me after hiking in the rain.

It has been raining the day before so I had thought that the hike will be cancelled, but Mom kept her promise and took me out to hike with Lisa at the Pacific Spirit Park yesterday. As usual, Lisa brought a bunch of furkids with her, so I get to meet a good pawful of new friends! Despite the weather (which I don't really mind), I had a great time because I am really learning to enjoy being around friends now. Mom says she's really proud of me, but I think I really have to thank Dawn, Cheyanna and Lisa (and the rest of the gang, of course,) for being so sensitive to my special needs because otherwise I wouldn't have improved so much in just a few months. If you know my history, you'll be surprised that I can even come this far, for I have already been through two awesome professional trainers who have both felt that I have reached my limits. But with Mom's persistence and support from my dog walking buddies, I have now progressed far more than anyone would have expected and Mom feels that I will be a normal and friendly gal someday. (I've overheard something about considering letting me go off-leash at the hikes soon!) Mom says I am indebted to everyone who has helped to get me where I am today - thanks guys! :)



Two and a half hours later... all cleaned and groomed, but totally exhausted.

I know, I know..... I am still young and all, but hey! I have hiked at least a good 3 - 4 miles, and, we're talking about muddy tracks here! Not to mention that I had to jump around and chase after the others from time to time!

And before I sign off for the day, here's me another half hour later:

You really have to zoom in (click photo) to see my face.
I was so groggy from my nap that I forgot I had my tongue sticking out!

Ahhhh... what a blissful day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home