Tinsel the Tibetan Terrier

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

"The Island"

Last week Mom told me that if I'm lucky I may be going for an island vacation. I kept my "fingers" crossed and was so thrilled to find out that we were finally setting off for the trip on Saturday!
















Mom and Dad packed a lot of stuff, loaded my crate and drove for an hour to the ferry terminal. After a short wait, we drove the car onto the ferry and it was really exciting. This was the first time I've ever gone on a ferry and I can smell the ocean! Mom also lifted me up to see the beautiful scenery and I can hardly wait to get to the island!

It was only a short drive after getting off the ferry, and we arrived at a seaside. I can smell the ocean again and I was really eager to get off to check out our vacation home...


I thought we were staying at some over-water bungalow, but... all we got was a small cedar log cottage. I hurried in to check out the place, and...















I was a bit disappointed but I thought, oh well, it's the adventure that truely counts, so I took it easy and enjoyed my stroll along the seawalk with Mom and Dad. By the time we finished dinner, I was quite exhausted (mostly from the excitement) and we all went to bed early. Then, just as I was enjoying myself in my dream vacation resort, I was waken by Mom who tried to feed me lunch. It was only 6:30 am in the morning! All I wanted to do was go back to sleep and continue my dream! And as if that's not enough, I was then dragged to this huge barn that was filled with a bunch of people and their dogs. What the --??

It was only then that I realized what Mom meant by vacation was actually "doggie boot camp".


Mom actually signed me and herself up for a training seminar in Vancouer Island and I was one of the working dogs!

*Sigh*

To make things short, I had no choice but to participate that day and was very tired when we got back to the cottage. I had a nice long stroll along the seawalk again and that was basically the best part of my day. I can hardly wait till I finished dinner and hurried back to dream of my luxurious resort vacation again...

4 Comments:

  • Time to blog about your lil' bro! I've heard so much about him terrorisin u :)

    By Blogger Noosiekins, at 12:21 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Tinsel, at 5:26 AM  

  • To: Totoronini:

    Hi Auntie Annie! Thanks so much for stopping my blog - Auntie Gabrielle says you're really nice and I can hardly wait to meet you for real. Maybe we can go for walks together someday? So how do you like my little brother Kimba?

    Cheers,
    Tinsel

    By Blogger Tinsel, at 5:27 AM  

  • To: lil.chinchilla:

    Hope you like the pix I took of my little brother! He's always running around that I can hardly catch him standing still.

    And about that terrorising part, everything's cool now coz I'll tell him to cut it out if he goes too far. Guess it just takes a bit of getting to know each other!

    See ya!
    Tinsel

    By Blogger Tinsel, at 5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home